Sunday, March 22, 2009

Can City

We live in cans. Literally. They’re cans. As such, we call them “cans.” A little subdivision of cans is called a can city or a village. Each of these subdivisions are named after famous battles, except that one of them is called “Circus Circus.” I live in Guadalcanal.  It’s not the most prestigious of battles, but it beats Circus Circus.



The rooms are about the size of a dorm room and each has two beds, though I have my own can. Each can has its own heater/air conditioner. I’ve never seen anything quite like them, they’re pretty snazzy. The biggest downside to the cans is that the walls are paper thin – that is to say, can thin. It’s actually not much of a problem for me because my can is on the end of a row in the quiet part of the village, so I probably have it better than most.

Of course, the best part about it is that it’s free.  And it’s right across the street from work.  You can’t beat that.

3 comments:

  1. Would that be Guadal - CAN - al?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric, it is so fun to read your blog. I always want more. We pray for you always. this is actually aunt peggy, but greenleed prays for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm as smart as your dad b/c I picked up on the can in guadalcanal RIGHT away! (Okay, maybe, well, probably not ALL RIGHT, not as smart as your dad. Is not possible.)

    ReplyDelete