Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Conference Miracle!

I couldn't access the internet where we meet for church, so I couldn't manage to air an audio stream of General Conference for church like I wanted to. We initially planned to do testimony meeting as usual, but at the last minute we discovered that audio files of talks are downloadable from the church website not long after they actually speak. A member brought in the files which I copied onto my laptop and hooked up to our boombox. For the afternoon session of church we listened to the first half of the Saturday Morning session and during the evening session we listened to the rest of it. People seemed to appreciate it, but I think really they were just glad they didn't have to bear their testimonies again.

Nothing special for church tomorrow except that we assigned people to give lessons on the resurrection instead of whatever. So I guess that's special. One guy we assigned to give the lesson only came for the first time last week. I hope he shows up tomorrow because I really have no idea who he is.

1 comment: