But they made up for it with these cakes.
All of this was in the chow hall that is closest to me, but on Sunday evening I made it down to the big chow hall which is down the ways a bit. I wish I had my camera with me. It was ridiculous. I’ve seen little Easter villages in malls in recent years, but nothing that compares to this. There must have been about 20 large decoration pieces in this Easter village in the middle of the chow hall. My favorite was a 4-foot angry looking rabbit that was pulling a green handcart full of giant eggs.
The funny thing is that no one knows, nor can even figure out, the reasoning behind it all. There are certainly no kids here. And I really don’t think there were very many that even appreciate it. It seemed to be largely ignored when I was there – except when Marines would first see it. They’d pause, take it all in for a moment, and then say, “What the **** is that?”
Lavender bed sheets, cologne, easter decorations...You never hear about these things. What's the deal? Maybe if the media would speak about these things then there wouldn't be such a shortage of marines from the left end of the spectrum. The media is doing a terrible job at presenting the military. This Generation Kill crap is on the same level as Battlefield Earth.
ReplyDeleteWell that's what I'm here for, Alex.
ReplyDeleteThose are enormous cakes, all right. Did you eat any?
ReplyDeleteI did! It tasted like thawed Wal-Mart sheet cake.
ReplyDelete